MEDIA CONTACT: Laura Soll 860-688-4499, Cell 860-833-4466 or Laura@sollpr.com
“CONNECTICUT FISHING & OUTDOOR SHOW” THREE-DAY EVENT OPENS NEXT WEEK ON FRIDAY, MARCH 25TH AT MOHEGAN SUN
Discounted Online Tickets On Sale Now at www.CTFishingOutdoorShow.com
UNCASVILLE, CONN., March 14, 2022 – The“2022 Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show” is coming to Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center in Uncasville, Conn. from Friday, March 25 through Sunday, March 27, 2022. Dates/Hours: Friday, March 25 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, March 26 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, March 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“This three-day Spring event showcases fishing and a wide variety of outdoor activities including kayaking, hiking, hunting, freshwater & saltwater fishing, paddle boards, safaris, hunting dog training, and more,” explains Kristie Gonsalves, President of North East Expos, Inc., and a past president of the National Association of Consumer Show Producers.
The Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show is great for families and is designed for longtime fishing and outdoor enthusiasts, as well as anyone who wants to learn more about angling and other kinds of outdoor adventure. Show highlights:
►Over 125 booths selling latest fishing, hunting and outdoor equipment, and fishing boats.
►Expert-led Seminars & Demonstrations (free with admission) include:
Fishing Roundtable – Saturday & Sunday Only: Discover successful fishing tactics from a roundtable of experts with 150+ years of experience. Alberto Knie, Roy Leyva and Al Gag will cover numerous topics related to lure building, lure design, and how to catch catching a variety of species.
“Field to Flame” Turkey Hunting & Cooking – Saturday & Sunday Only: Matt Wettish, multi-state champion caller and host of Real Outdoors TV, will provide advanced turkey hunting tactics and calling tips, and Connecticut Chef Van Hurd of TV’s Hell’s Kitchen will whip up a full-flavored turkey dish.
Friday & Saturday Only:
- Toby Lapinski, The Fishing Wire Editor & Fishing Tackle Retailer: Targeting Striped Bass in The Surf With Rubber Eels”;
- Sheron K. Brown (a/k/a The Lunkerman), Professional tournament angler/guide: “Cold Water Tactics”.
- Ron Arra, five-time U.S. Distance Surfcasting Champion: “Tackle & Techniques: Cast with Less Effort”;
- D.J. Muller, authority on catching striped bass from the surf: “Surfcasting for Striped Bass: Reading Water Equals Catching Stripers”.
All Three Days:
- Alberto Knie (a/k/a “Crazy Alberto”), World-class extreme trophy game fish hunter: “The Proven Art of Catching Monster Fish; Fresh & Salt”;
- Roy Levya, Freshwater and saltwater fisherman: Lure Demonstrations in the kayak pond;
- Tim Andrus, Hunter and Host of Rush Outdoors: “Deer Hunting”;
- Capt. Brian Coombs, Mass. fisherman/charter boat captain: “Targeting Trophy-Size Striped Bass”;
- Bobby Uhrig, Professional fisherman & master lure designer: “Locating & Catching Bass Like a Pro”;
- Capt. Joe Diorio, Saltwater fishing guide: “Fishing Artificial Lures for Trophy Bass”;
- Capt. Kevin Albohn of Rhode Island’s Blue Line Charters: “Targeting Inshore/Midshore Tuna”;
- Dave Parrish, Connecticut Delta Waterfowl and snow goose guide of Real Outdoors;
- Capt. Greg Dubrule of BlackHawk Sport Fishing in Niantic;
- Capt. Mike Roy of Reel Cast Charters of Connecticut: “Long Island Sound: Light Tackle, Big Fish!”;
- Gregg Kobrin of New England Dive in Wallingford: “Spear Fishing”, and Kayaking and Scuba demos;
- Fred Wilson, Fly Tying Expert: Bass Fishing demonstrations in kayak pond and fly-tying demos; and
- Dylan Napoleone, advocate for youth fishing: “Kid’s Gone Fishin’”.
Daily Demonstrations include:
- Fly casting by experts including Tyler Clark atop 5,000-Gallon Hawg Trough Live Fish Tank;
- Kayak Pond with Kayak Fishing lessons from Three Belles Outfitters;
- How to “Start a Puppy” and “Dog Steadiness” Tips by Jeremy Cormier of V3 Gun Dogs.
- Fly-Tying by Experts including Fred Wilson; and
- How to Use Inflatable Life Jackets sessions by the U.S. Coast Guard.
►Meet & Schedule Tours with Charter Boat Fishing Captains, Hunting Outfitters and Outdoor Adventure Promoters. CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection’s (DEEP) latest rules and regulations, and displays on state’s wildlife, fisheries, boating, hunting and parks.
►Hands-On Activities include: BlackHawk Virtual Fishing Fighting Chair Simulator, Connecticut
Bass Nation’s Kids’ Casting Competition; and a Laser Shot Range from the CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection (DEEP).
►2,400-sq.-foot Booth from Goose Hummock Shop of Cape Cod featuring 12-foot-deep jigging tank for demos of vertical jigs and techniques, and sale ofmany brands of outdoor equipment and apparel.
Discounted online tickets on sale now: $12 for Adults; Free Tickets for Kids under Age 12 at www.CTFishingOutdoorShow – can be purchased online any time under the show ends.
General admission at the door: $15 for Adults; Free for Children Under Age 12 (Cash Only).
FOR SHOW INFO & SCHEDULE, visit www.CTFishingOutdoorShow.com or Facebook or 860-844-8461.
Show sponsors include The Fisherman Magazine, WFSB Channel 3, and 97.7 WCTY Eastern CT’s Country station, Renewal By Anderson, and North East Expos, Inc.
Speakers, demonstrators and vendors interested in registering for the Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show at Mohegan Sun should contact Kristie Gonsalves at 860-844-8461, email Kristie@northeastexpos.com, or visit www.CTFishingOutdoorShow.com. Facebook: CTFishingOutdoorShow
NORTH EAST EXPOS, INC. also produces the popular “Connecticut Flower & Garden Show” at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford – the successful 40th annual event was just held in February 2022.
ABOUT MOHEGAN SUN: Owned by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment, Mohegan Sun is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic Southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to two unique casinos, 1,600 deluxe hotel rooms, two world-class spas, a golf course, over 70 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country. More information is available by calling 1.888.226.7711 or visiting mohegansun.com. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @mohegansun, view us on YouTube and find us on Snapchat at username MoheganSun.
Laura Soll, Communications Director
2022 Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show
860-688-4499, Cell 860-833-4466
March 25-27, 2022
Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center